Thursday, October 04, 2007

if only...

Exploring Ways to Shorten the Ascent to a Ph.D. - New York Times

if my life had gone another way, you'd be calling me dr. ding right now.
alas, the call of big city life, drugs, sex and spending derailed my academic career. ah, me!

but if i was a grad student now (and i totally may go back for a different degree, not frakking english) i'd have a coach. did you know there are now dissertation coaches and grad student coaches? my coach/therapist offers these services and i was stunned. perhaps if i'd had a coach back in grad school, i woulda finished those final two chapters!

shrug.

anyway, good luck with making the ph.D less traumatic.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dr arthur's coach was alcohol and rap music. whatever it takes, lady.

Delia Christina said...

not to mention that hidden bag of potato chips...