Sunday, August 21, 2005

ladies who lunch

today was hot, and not in that paris hilton vapid kind of way.

it was so hot i felt my head was on fire, a blazing bush. (why oh why did i wear a shirt that didn't breathe?)

i woke up late-ish, checked email for a bit, then left to meet a few chicago blogging women for lunch (including Bitch, who is totally cool.) we then went shopping on southport but the heat was too much for us - who can enjoy shoes when your skin is melting? i can't. but, despite the heat, i liked the women i met.

more and more, my world is filling with women. we rock.

(i drooled over a luscious red leather bag and a few pairs of low heels at this boutique: dilani on southport. and on friday, i finally found the jacket i've been looking for: a pin-tucked grey wool with 3/4 sleeves and sparkly frog closures. i'm so happy with it, i can't wait to find a good pair of cuffed grey trousers to go with it.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, it was wonderful to meet with you too ... meeting women that engaged, with that level of analysis ... damn, almost makes me non-cynical :)

Delia Christina said...

meeting you all makes me feel connected to the academic world i left - i'm glad of it!

and since we exchanged contact info, we should get together again!

db said...

Aw, I'm totally jealous.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree, we should get together again!

Orange said...

Count me in—even though I have such minimal academic credentials, I do have a functioning brain.