Monday, July 11, 2005

i'm full of sounds

gick. feh. ugh. meh. hmph. grr. aggh.

all because i'm working late. (i won't tell you what i'm doing except know that it's tedious and the words MAIL MERGE are heavily involved.) i'll be working late all this week and i even canceled my pelvic exam today because i just couldn't. tear. myself. away. (and i suspected Hal was still visiting. there's nothing worse than steeling yourself for a pelvic, your ankles in the air, when Hal waves his little red hand making the doctor snap off her gloves and tell you to come back in another week or two.)

but i've finished two phil rickman books (horribly addictive) and i'm starting with the last in the jane stevenson trilogy, empress of the last days, so maybe i'll just meander on home and stop to read somewhere. i've nearly forgotten the pleasure of sitting somewhere that's not my apartment or office, reading while smoking a cigarette, eventually losing track of where i am.

but until then i'll just languish here and sigh.
sigh.

grr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hal? What happened to Hugh?

I like mail merge, myself. Something about compulsive efficiency and organization in my brain.

I so want to lose myself in addictive reading, i'll try those.
- db

Delia Christina said...

you're right! it was Hugh!
geez.

can't even remember the name of my visitor...

uh, thanks.