Wednesday, September 21, 2005

birthday dork

one thanksgiving, i was helping my mom cook and on the little black and white tv i saw a movie i have always secretly loved: busgy malone.

uh...i totally loved it. kids in jazz baby dress, jodie foster, scott baio and cute little cars that you pedaled. i loved it.

and now, because i mentioned it to my roomie once, i have it on dvd for my birthday. (she got it from japan. squee!)

i love this movie. it made me want to be a jazz baby. i even loved the corny paul williams soundtrack. yes, i'm almost ashamed to admit it but i know almost every song. (and the shoes!!)

so we're watching it tonight and roomie says something about a guy not understanding this bugsy thing i have.
i say, NO! if they can have dorky stuff i can have this!

whoever is not enchanted by a pubescent jodie foster singing about how she got her training in north carolina is a whoever i don't need to meet.

2 comments:

Orange said...

I saw "Bugsy Malone" on the big screen. It rocked. Marshmallow creme machine guns? Awesome!

Delia Christina said...

isn't it fun? i love the way it looks. and, despite the creepy dubbing, the songs rawk!

it made me remember how i had memorized as many of the songs as i could (before the internet, folks) and would hum them to myself all the time.

yay! i'm not alone!