Thursday, May 19, 2005

some things caught my eye while i hurriedly read the news late wednesday afternoon (i'm not blogging or anything at work because that'll just suck me into a hole of inactivity.)

1. wow. god really does protect idiots. (come on, you know you were thinking the same thing...)

2. maybe i'll include this on my list of science reading for the summer. but a question: in this entire article, isn't there some implicit understanding of the orgasm as a fundamental heterosexual function? i mean, what about masturbation? or even lesbian action?

3. a thought: i don't want to frolic with B-- when i meet him for a drink. yes, he was incredible the last time we were together but now...i'd really like my sex to actually mean something important. i was telling my ex-roomie this while we crossed the river this morning and a man walking behind us guffawed. but i'm serious. i want sex to actually start meaning more than just a way for me to burn calories and get my hair all messed up.

4. another thought: i need a really hot black shoe to wear with an office dress. one what won't make me walk funny or slow or slip off while crossing the street or get stuck in a grate or pinch my toes or hurt my knees or inflame my sciatica. any suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm no shoe expert, but I think that "hot" and "doesn't hurt" are mutually exclusive in the realm of feminine footwear.

Just being honest here, but the shoes that really get me going as a hetero male are the ones you couldn't run in to catch the bus.

I'd never ask a woman to wear them bcs I know the pain they can cause, but I'm always glad when they do.

Other side of the coin, tho, is that women can look hot in those army-style clod hoppers..go figure. This raises the question:

Do the shoes make the woman, or...

A-non

db said...

How about some cool looking wedges? They're popular this summer but I always have a pair or two. They're comfortable and won't make you wobble like the stilettos.

Delia Christina said...

excellent! wedges! i can do that.

i will refuse to believe that hot/comfortable are mutually exclusive. never! never!

Sid said...

I have to say, as a shoe whore AND a lady who likes not to suffer overmuch, you should check out your local Aerosoles stor. Really, some of their summer strappy heels are quite hot, and yet comfy at about 3".

Also, LOL@ your burning calories and hair mussing!

Delia Christina said...

you know, i checked out the aerosole website. some of those shoes weren't so awful. if only they didn't remind me of, you know, old lady shoes.

oh, how i suffer for shoes!