Wednesday, April 06, 2005

where's kathleen woodiwiss when you need her?

i think i'm getting bored or burnt out or something. after months of reading how everything basically sucks unless you happen to be a very rich white man living in a suburb, life's glow sort of dissipates. and this job/life purpose crap is wearing me down. ding used to be a fun girl, full of wacky naughty romperific stories. no longer. all she can think of is debt, responsibility, obligation and taxes.

today i actually had a 3-minute fantasy about landing another corporate job, selling my soul to mammon and saving enough money to buy a condo. this blows. this totally blows. i'm about as fun as a southern baptist in boystown. on my other blog, churchgal (which has gotten some good traffic lately), someone actually implied that my worry comes from satan. sigh. sigh. SIGH.

i want to live in that sarah vaughan song, 'bewitched bothered and bewildered.' instead, today i'm standing in the unemployment line and manny, the case worker, called me 'little girl' and said my name the way it was meant to be said. and i blushed!!

is that what my ordinary life has come to? getting jazzed because someone PRONOUNCED my NAME RIGHT?

4 comments:

jp 吉平 said...

prosperity is a psychotic amusement park ride.

Ok, I don't know what that means, but you'll get a job soon. Then you'll talk to a mortgage broker, who will tell you that you can buy a condo without a down payment, after which you will go to your roof, rip off your bodice, and scream 'RENTINGS IS FOR SUKKAS' as your hair writhes in wild extasy in the wind of a thunderstorm.

And your mortgage broker will invite you to dinner at a moderatly priced family restaurant and a night of effecient German lovemaking. Before you know it, you'll be driving your kids home from soccer practice in your mini van and wondering if the squeegy man at the freeway exit will drive down property values in your magnificent yet soulless suburban subdivision.

SHUT UP, MOM! your daughter will say contemptfully as you suggest that she button her shirt, and you won't even want to ask your son why his little finger is covered with blood and smiling.

meow

Delia Christina said...

if that ever happens to me, kill me.

db said...

Uh, that was really interesting, JP, but I can't imagine that ever, ever happening to d. And before you suggest that it's going to happen to me, just shut up.

Delia Christina said...

he's projecting.
it's him in the subdivision.