Monday, January 17, 2005

loving this cd

Pink Martini | Hang On Little Tomato

i listened to this cd all weekend - i dragged out the tree with the lyrics in one hand and the tree in the other, stumbling over the italian in 'una notte a napoli.' i re-heated the roast chicken singing in full voice (i never sing in full voice since i have a roommate) the lyric booklet open in front of me next to my whiskey.

but my all time favorite song: 'kikuchiyo to mohshimasu.' it's the most romantic song i've heard about a one-night stand ever. i'm desperate to find more about the original artists but my googling skills are dead. when i was a kid, i watched a lot of japanese variety shows on tv with my mom and sister, and the new year's eve shows always featured men in kimonos singing sad, melodic songs the entire audience knew.

it's a good memory.

No comments: