Friday, January 07, 2005

i'm a whiny baby

one of my must read blogs,Bitch. Ph.D., just announced to her very cool readership that she's quitting her academic job soon. in the comments there are quite a few people who did the same and are very supportive.

there are even a few who are now using their work in the nonprofit sector and i'll be totally honest: I AM FUCKING JEALOUS.

there. i have revealed myself to be petty beyond all pettiness. i want the dream, dammit! i want to email all these people and ask them, how the hell did you manage that?

i'm sorry. i'm stressed out and thinking about cashing out my 401(k) because i need a cash cushion (even if it's tiny and about to get me taxed to death.) and i'm stressed out because i have a few informational interviews to follow up on and i'm abso-fucking-lutely terrified. and i'm thinking of applying for an adjunct position with the city colleges here and have i mentioned i'm terrified?

i haven't looked at my CV in 8 years. jesus.

anyone have a midol? cuz i really need one. my pants are killing me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do it. I emailed them. They're all very nice people and have been giving me incredibly great advice.

I'm even working on a "give me a job" blog = networking post, because while you may be a whiny baby, I am a manipulative user.

jp 吉平 said...

Do not do not do NOT touch your 401K, you'll get taxed to death and have that much less when you retire, plus whatever interest that money would have made. Don't do it! Your money is working hard now, don't take it out of the game. What ever money you put in the future will not work as hard.

Next, get a job in the non-profit sector! Ready, go!

Delia Christina said...

anonymous,
i just may do that. i'm not above begging.
crap.

i'm not above begging.