Saturday, June 13, 2009

guess where i am?

i know you're tired of hearing it (or reading my Tweets about it,) but i'm at WORK right now.

one would get the impression, reading this blog, that my career is very important to me and that i am a Career Woman. one would be partially correct. i actually enjoy earning my keep and i love doing something at which i excel and which contributes to the general Good.

but i do not like having stomach aches, stress headaches, heart palpitations and general feelings of free-floating panic and fear.
i also do not like having to deal with the prospect of updating my resume and finding another job at which i excel, will pay me enough to cover expenses, allow contributions to my savings, and which would also contributes to Goodness - all in an economic environment in which barista jobs have become highly coveted.

you know??
(not that there's anything wrong with being a barista - i'm just not that service oriented and, in general, am not made for jobs that require touching food or money.)

i also do not like not having seen NewGuy for more than two days in the past 2.5 weeks and this is...different. LTF could've incinerated himself in his own apartment and i wouldn't have noticed for weeks.
(i'm sure these comparisons between NewGuy and LTF are boring but it's an interesting exercise for me.)
this week was so bad at work i'd wake up in the middle of the night with my heart pounding and stomach cramps. the only way i could get to sleep was to, uh, imagine NG was hogging the comforter and snoring next to me.
huh. i just made myself uncomfortable admitting that.

4 comments:

Delia Christina said...

*sticking fingers in ears*
la la la la la!
i still can't hear you!

liza said...

I hate it when work wakes me up in the middle of the night; but it's *never* been as bad as to provoke an anxiety attack--that's what family's for :)
Just keep breathing.
As for your NG confession; that's not so bad, but it is funny.

Delia Christina said...

i know, huh?
fear of intimacy, so weird.

Anonymous said...

Yikes, nothing helpful to add except I'm sending good thoughts your way :)
-sid