Thursday, June 29, 2006

the very long 4th of july weekend is almost here and, thankfully, i will be with girlfriends on a road trip to michigan to invade a parental home and sit by the lake. my goals will be to sleep in the sun, not catch west nile, and read serial killer novels, comics and such while getting so brown i will eventually resemble a jimmy dean sausage patty.

i emailed B- to say hi (can't think of anything else to say over the phone...) and to tell him i'm out of town this weekend, though (in our past) this would have been the perfect weekend to Get it On. it's at these crucial boy-junctures in my life that i wish my life coaching sessions about intimacy hadn't ended quite so abruptly when i got this job.

oh, well. must muddle through somehow.
...
in other news, over on my churchgal blog, i've been asked to be the new thursday blogger for a coalition of progressive church folk on their site. when the post is up, i'll point y'all to it. apparently, my technical lack-wittedness is slowing down the process...

i'm sorry, but i don't know what you mean when you say 'post it on Movable Type'! how? where? why? just post it randomly? somewhere specific? huh?

if anyone knows how these weekly contributor things usually work, please clue me in.

and i have other technical questions: how does that whole blogrolling thing work when you sign up with blogroller - so i don't have to keep futzing and endangering my template when i wanna add something? and how can i set up a site meter thing? and how can i put a hyperlink in comments that actually works when you click on it? again, please clue me in.

jp's already making fun of me down below.
...
and has anyone read the new linda hirshman book? i've been getting questions about it and i'm curious.

4 comments:

Orange said...

Sitemeter.com made it pretty easy, as I recall, to set it up. If I did it, I suspect you have the skills to do it, too.

I don't know nothin' 'bout Blogroller and Movable Type group blogs, though...

bitchphd said...

Movable Type is easy. You should be able to go to their blog, click on the "members" link, and sign yourself in? If not, ask them what your membername/password is. Then you can just post. The interface is a little different, but it's pretty straightforward. I think post is "publish" and the post page is called "write"--just click around for a bit to familiarize yourself w/ the system.

Re. Hirshman, she's sending me a copy to review but it's taking 4-EVAR to arrive, which is frustrating.

jp 吉平 said...

Hoy ambagel! Your link to your churchgal blog should say "blogspot," not "blogger." Hmph! Kalabasa!

Delia Christina said...

all fixed!