Monday, July 23, 2007

'haven't you heard of a thing called amazon?': oh, the wit of the border patrol

i'm back from windsor, ontario and our harry potter book-buying trip. had a lovely weekend reading, eating, reading, discussing various plot points and wondering where all the people were in windsor. (i mean, it's 9.30 pm and all the restaurants are empty! what's up with that?)

on the way back we encountered snitty attitude from the U.S. border guy who'd rather hassle a bunch of lawyers and such in a mini-van. you may scoff at our desire to READ, american border denizen of the booth, but at least we're not letting folks with TB enter the country.

(and the book? awesome. awwwsommme.)

1 comment:

super des said...

At least the restaurants were open at 9:30...

When I went to Canada I had more trouble from the Americans when I tried to come home than the Canadians when I left. Fine! I'll just stay in Canada!