Tuesday, November 02, 2004

i'm up early

i tried to find a suitably martial title, but i'm so fricking tired, that's the best i could muster.

i'm up fecking early to vote. (it went off without a hitch; the republican 'challenger' was a bearded beer-bellied chicagoan - you can see him on a barstool, exposing butt crack, nursing another old style.) i punched through all my holes (no shady electronic voting for illinois, thank you very much!) and gingerly stepped through the wet outside to get into A--'s car, my civic duty successfully discharged.

vote, people! vote!
...
tonight is the election party. the guest list is growing. the cleaning lady came yesterday. the deviled eggs and twice baked potatos were finished yesterday. the darts were tested all weekend. the chili was finished sunday. the decorations hung saturday. the notes asking the neighbors not to call the police on us slipped under doors last night. poor A-- hardly slept a wink last night, imagining all sorts of third world terror.

i sort of worried about the 'talk' me and my boss are going to have soon. yes, i think my corporate bitterness is starting to seep through my amiable exterior. whatever. gen x-ers aren't meant to be lackies. slackers, yes. lackies, no. i hate people telling me what to do. (which is why i loved grad school.)

eesh. never drink coffee before 8 am. gas, man, gas.

No comments: