Thursday, August 26, 2004

so jp really liked the 'fro-lette thing. he passed it on to his friends. i joked that he and i could put together a rambling little collection of our ramblings and it would be a small, break out, weird hit.

he responded (and this is why he's my friend - he's nuts):

Our book will be the sleeper hit of the summer; international travelers will cherish it as THE it-book for homesickness. Stateside, it will create a renaissance of micro-stories. Copycats will be hot on our heels. You and me will have a very public falling out over the promotion obligations. After a few years, we'll become rivals; we'll begrudgingly attend each other's dinner parties at our exaggeratedly luxurious beach homes. I will not like your spouse. In the end, you'll get a movie deal and become reclusive and anorexic in your asmatic middle-age; I will invest poorly and end up hosting Evening Magazine in Portland, Oregon. Before I die, our fans will organize a reunion concert gala for the two of us, no one will attend, but the dvd will continue to sell modestly due to infomercials. I will die quietly in a non-airconditioned room flanked by an ex-wife and a male nurse from El Salvador who was just trying to take my blood pressure. Workers cleaning out my high-rise condo will find my secret suitcase full of unpublished symphonies, masses, and musical scores. You will write a book about my life, which will be your biggest success; my sons will publicly denounce you, but you will find passion in non-fiction. You'll marry your publisher in a small ceremony at the Getty Museum; it will be your fifth marriage, but you'll wear white.


it's like a vincent gallo movie (without the oral sex).

No comments: