Friday, May 08, 2009

Hm. The NewGuy.
Not sure if I want to write about him, yet.
But of course I am.

I'm surprised by a lot of things and if I was still seeing Dr. C-, she'd tell me to explore these surprises.
I'm surprised he makes me nervous. Not nervous in a 'omg, he's going to kill me!' way but that buzzy nervousness of...something else.
I'm surprised at how quickly I liked him. Usually, there's a period of 'wait and see to confirm that, indeed, I am not into him.' I'm into him.
I'm surprised I told him that (of course, waiting until he said it first.)
I'm surprised that I took down my profile on Match, the day after I met him.
I'm surprised that, so far, the incomunicado walls I erected with LTF/B- don't exist. We're usually in contact throughout the day. He texts and I'm glad. He sends email and I'm glad. He calls and I actually answer the phone. I actually call him.

I've forgotten that this is the way liking someone is supposed to feel. If I'm totally honest, I haven't liked someone like this since 1998. And now that I recognize what 'liking' is, what the hell was I doing with LTF??

(But despite all this positive navel gazing, I'm still not going to 'friend' him on Facebook. Baby steps.)

6 comments:

Kari said...

Oh my! I am excited (and surprised) to hear of these surprising reactions. Cheers to the fortune teller!

Delia Christina said...

there's a part of me that's expecting this all to be an elaborate con.

there's 'future-sounding' language popping up in conversations and this alarms me - not 'danger' alarm but 'huh? really? a year from now? what?'

anyway, yeah. i have to dig out that fortune teller's card.

liza said...

Enjoy the new thing with all its fun and flittery nervousness. The future language--that's optimism, I like you, we're going to hang out and make plans to hang out. Could be anyway.

Yay for Spring!

No Nonsense said...

:-)

Orange said...

No Nonsense stole my comment.

Delia Christina said...

ha ha.
i'll be sure to keep folks updated.