Thursday, March 08, 2007

over at Alas, a Blog, a fascinating review of some back and forth. from Alas (and i heartily encourage y'all to follow the links and read the discussion):

*** ONGOING INTER-BLOG DEBATE ABOUT RACE, BEING A WHITE “RACE TRAITOR,” AND FEMINISM ***
Or, as Nine Pearls aptly calls it, “The White Lady Pity Party.” There are good link round-ups at Fetch Me My Axe and Renegade Evolution, so I won’t attempt to replicate their work. But I will point out three posts that were (for me) stand-outs: Brownfemipower’s typically super-sharp and well-written analysis; the “Clue Phone” post at Cassandra Says; and this milk-shot-out-my-nose visual post at My Private Casbah.


i'm not going to weigh in (because Brownfemipower's post really said it all) but the whole thing is just fascinating.

3 comments:

Orange said...

I don't even get where "Heart" and "Chasing Moksha" are coming from, and darn it, I'm a White Lady and a Race Traitor myself. If you're paranoid, sure, you can take all sorts of stuff personally. But that's if you're paranoid. Which, apparently, I'm not.

Delia Christina said...

if only what they complain of works in reverse. i mean, i date white guys. i wonder if some of that White Guy Mojo can rub off?

bint alshamsa said...

Okay,

"White Guy Mojo"?

*dead*

:)