Monday, January 08, 2007

the chicago way

so, a rather important part of my job is to make sure certain folks know about the work we do here and to encourage mutually beneficial contact. it's like marketing. ok, it is marketing - but for public officials and other such important 'stakeholders'. like that.

so this morning a breaking news alert pops into my inbox and, to my horror, i read that a city official has just been arrested on federal corruption charges. i was totally going to call this person for an appointment this week! aagh!

frakkin' chicago - you're killing me!

4 comments:

Trope said...

Oooh, just be glad that you weren't in her office when she got arrested! (I haven't read the news yet, don't know just how dramatic it got.)

Speaking of meeting stakeholders and the like, are you going back to the Roe v. Wade event this year? I feel like the tickets have gone up even more (gah) since last year, but I'm still in.

Delia Christina said...

my invitation is sitting in front of me now. i haven't rsvp'd yet - it's a great networking opportunity but it's such *effort*, you know?

i think i'm in, though. yeah, i'm in.

Trope said...

Hey, great! If you want to meet up, let me know. Otherwise, have a great time. (You take the wine, I'll take the chocolate-covered strawberries. If they have them this year. I hope.)

Delia Christina said...

well, trope, look for me in the nifty brown/white jacket and brown pants suit. my hair won't be big this year but i'll have a kick ass bag.

and in an effort to be more professional, i'll be assiduously nursing only one glass of wine at a time.