Friday, January 06, 2006

among the news lou rawls kicking off this mortal coil, sharon's brain bleed and jon stewart hosting the oscars this is the stupidest thing i've come across today:

"In order to convince people we care about them, we've got to understand their culture and show them we care about their culture," Mr. Bush said. "You know, when somebody comes to me and speaks Texan, I know they appreciate the Texas culture. When somebody takes time to figure out how to speak Arabic, it means they're interested in somebody else's culture."


someone please wake me up when this presidency is over.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what's even scarier? I can hear this coming from my undergraduate students. Without a trace of irony.

Orange said...

AAAAAAAAAAAH!

Delia Christina said...

dear lunchmeat,
um...did we go to grad school together?

ding

Delia Christina said...

liza, well we don't have to worry about anyone calling him the education president.

my boss, in a moment of conflected obligation to a colleague, attended the lunch for the POTUS yesterday and she said that it was a nightmare. she said she wanted to believe that his fumbling, awkward, doofusness was all a mistake of media theater (i gave her a skeptical look), but after lunch she realized, no our president really is that dumb.

Delia Christina said...

'conflicted'

jp 吉平 said...

ooh, sometimes I do that too.

Delia Christina said...

holy crap. only one person can have such arcane knowledge of politics, communism, low rent movies and my eating habits.

how the hell have you been, mr. j?