Monday, November 07, 2005

me, angry?

talking to my roomie today and she said, dude, you have some serious anger about men.

i gave it some thought and agreed.

but tonight, after the episode with the guy and girl under my window, i revised my thinking. when he grabbed her i felt something jolt inside me. THAT was anger and that's not something i feel, or have felt, toward any of the men i've been with or have had in my life. this is what makes me angry: ignorance, arrogance and stupidly used power. blindly wielded authority. apathy. stupid teenagers and undergrads (see ignorance and arrogance above.)

but do i have anger toward men?

men i feel specific anger toward:
george w. bush & almost every single man in his cabinet who has not yet quit and who still supports this disaster-laden administration.
david brooks
the men who voted for bush. (fuckers)
bill frist, rick santorum, that pale weasly guy from connecticut...shit, what's his name?
the guy who plays horatio on csi: miami (fucking tool)
all the drunk buffoons who stumble from the sports bars and pee on the cars on my block. (fuckers)
the guy who took advantage of my friend when she was in no shape to fend him off (fucker and i hope you get hit by a taxi when you're crossing the street while talking on your cell phone)
carry lalabro (fucker fucker fucker)
chris nelson (yeah, i used your name, you bougie-hocky playing with the stars-date my sister-barely graduated college-asshole. fucker.)

men who merely frustrate me so much i can only talk to them in little chunks:
men who work in financial services
men who are 'born again'
the men in my dad's church
hipsters/guys who still go clubbing
MRAs
B-

the number of men at whom i've gotten angry but not for very long: 9

so when you think about it, that's actually not alot of anger floating around. i could be angrier.

(and am i angry at patriarchal discourse in popular culture, a system or at a whole gender? unfortunately, the majority of those who benefit from a patriarchal system are men, therefore, some men experience some blowback. ah, well.)

8 comments:

Mark said...

"therefore, some men experience some blowback. ah, well"

I love the way you just put it out on the table. Frackin bravo!

Delia Christina said...

i try, mark. i really do.

jp 吉平 said...

D, I want to be on the list of men who don't fear you but share their pinapple upsidedown cake.

bitchphd said...

Yeah, it's not individual men, it's "men" as a privileged class. Anyone with half a brain can understand that.

Delia Christina said...

jp,
so noted. no fear but cake-sharing. got it.

exactly, dr. b. it's privilege that makes me cranky. we should have t-shirts: 'it's the patriarchy, stupid.' i'd wear it.

jp 吉平 said...

Ah, the patriarchy. Being 'the man' means never having to say "I'm smart."

bitchphd said...

Quit bogarting that cake, JP.

Delia Christina said...

you wanna know who's angry?

terry macmillan. she was on oprah yesterday with her gay ex-husband and she was a little bitter. she kept saying she wasn't angry, but i could tell. angry.