Monday, March 21, 2005

10 things i'm looking forward to once i'm unemployed

1. sleep
2. becoming a lady of the day.
3. hanging out with my roomie who is also between gigs (but who has a bigger severance)
4. blogging properly. i have tons of new links to add, maybe update the look a bit, maybe be less one off and more thoughtful. and stop writing about my period (which i'm finally going to have to give a proper name, now that it's become my companion.) Hugh. My period is now Hugh.
5. looking people in the eye again. you know when you're at work all the time you only look at the clock, your screen or the space just left of your boss' head?
6. the different ways i can stretch a cup of coffee and a croissant.
7. maybe a quick frolic in the middle of the day.
8. cleaning my room. really. it's unbearable. i need a flamethrower and a shovel.
9. uh...having no excuse not to work out.
10. oh, yeah. looking for more satisfying work. that one.

2 comments:

bitchphd said...

Heh, I hear you. Have spent much time of late acting like I'm unemployed (including cancelling my classes today after a fun weekend spent in bed, occasionally crying. Depression: It's a gas!) The sucky thing is that I can't even enjoy lounging around in my pjs because I feel guilty. Goddamnit.

Delia Christina said...

i'm so mentally exhausted i can't even cry. i want to badly, though. my form of depression: feeling pursued.