Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I shouldn't be disappointed but I am. A business trip to meet/greet some politicos was called off for weather. I should be glad I don't have to get up at dawn to take a train to springfield; i should be glad i don't have to haul a bunch of stuff with me for the reception; i should be glad i don't have to sleep in a strange bed.

but...i really wanted to go!!

i was actually excited about it. a lot of this work is tedious - phone calls, emails, tiny detail work, the repetition of stats, the mind-numbing strategy and follow through. (you wanna know how politics gets done? a lot of effing meetings.) but there's a different part i find fascinating - the process, the personalities, the act of convincing someone that your cause is their cause.

i love this stuff.

No comments: