Tuesday, June 19, 2007

goodreads : or, another great way to waste 3 hours

goodreads see what your friends are reading

if you're home, have no desire to watch tv or surf videos on youtube and you want to feel really really smart, sign up for goodreads and keep track of your reading habits.

i've just wasted one hour at work thinking about all the books i've read recently and i haven't even kept an accurate tally of what's on my bedside shelf, yet.

(and if you sign up and would like to share reading lists, send me an invitation! i hate wandering around bookstores wondering what to read. i'd much rather go off my friends' recommendations.)

4 comments:

liza said...

Such a perfect timewaster. I know, you'd think that being in India I'd have way more exciting things to do, but the truth is, we're in a suburb, and Sion's working late late late most weekdays (til 11) only saying "I'll be home at 7, no 8, no 9" etc, so I'm loathe to begin any writing or reading in earnest.
I too, hate wandering around bookstores, desperately trying to figure out what I want to read.

liza said...

send me your email so I can send you an invite and we can share booklists: elizaryg@gmail.com

Delia Christina said...

now you can see all the crappy serial killer novels i'm reading!

i feel so naked.

liza said...

That's no worse than your seeing how pathetically all my books are work-related. I read almost nothing for fun. Sad, so sad. This is why I need to read more fiction!