Friday, April 08, 2011

glad i'm not the only one

Apoplectic about Abortion: One Woman’s Emotional Roller Coaster | Sexuality/Gender | Religion Dispatches:

"I know my rage is hurting me as much as it is hurting my opponents. Can I try to understand what the sex police want? Do they want to justify their bathroom behavior? Do they want their mothers to “find something?” Are they themselves capable of the abstinence that they are forcing on women? As a pastor, the only explanation I can give for the immoral stupidity of the current proposal is here: some people on the religious right really hate their own sexuality. That almost makes me sad enough to care about them. Just almost..."

I'm glad I'm not the only church lady who struggles with the Golden Rule thing.

I want to grab a hammer but I know smashing testicles isn't constructive or helpful.

More's the pity.

No comments: