Over at Pam's House Blend, see how the Prop 8 defense's star witness crumbles under cross examination:
He admitted marriage is a "public good" and that marriage would benefit gays and lesbians, their children and society at large.
He also testified (text below as shown on screen):
· "Gay marriage would extend a wide range of the natural and practical benefits of marriage to many lesbian and gay couples and their children."
· "Extending the right to marry to same-sex couples would probably mean that a higher proportion of gays and lesbians would choose to enter into committed relationships."
· "Same-sex marriage would likely contribute to more stability and to longer-lasting relationships for committed same-sex couples."
· "Same-sex marriage might lead to less sexual promiscuity among lesbians and (perhaps especially) gay men."
· "Same-sex marriage would signify greater social acceptance of homosexual love and the worth and validity of same-sex intimate relationships."
· "Gay marriage would be a victory for the worthy ideas of tolerance and inclusion. It would likely decrease the number of those in society who tend to be viewed warily as 'other' and increase the number who are accepted as part of 'us.' In that respect, gay marriage would be a victory for, and another key expansion of, the American idea."
Geez. Those who want to deny gay civil rights don't even believe their own hateful crap.