Thursday, November 30, 2006

cough. hack. still sick.

what's that kind of sick where you touch your eyeballs and they ache?
or the kind of sick where, when you cough, everything feels like it's going to be forced to explode through your ears?

yeah, i'm that kind of sick and i'm back home.
i had every intention to go in to the office, and i did. then i nearly coughed up a lung and my boss said, 'you sound like crap. maybe you shouldn't be here.'

so i agreed and then decided to go to a lunch meeting for a bunch of women working to do some public education around wage equity. i almost tore my face off it was so unproductive. no, it wasn't unproductive. i just wasn't in the mood to sit in a tiny office and listen to stuff.

so now i'm home, plugged into my office email, 'working' and making myself lunch.

viva la inferma!

3 comments:

jp 吉平 said...

¡Que viva la enferma!

I have become a big fan of irrigating my sinuses, whether I am feeling allergic, or when I'm full of mucus. But lately, I've been doing it when I feel that first tickle of a cold, and it seems to be preventative. (If it's just the placebo effect DON'T TELL ME because it's totally working for me).

You can do it the proper way or you can just do what I do, which is dump a bunch of regular table salt into a glass, spray in warm tap water until the glass is filled, and then cup my hand and pour a little in.

At that point, I snort the salt water out of my hand. Snort it through my nose. It doesn't hurt if you use warm salt water.

The first time I did it, there was junk coming out of my nose for hours. But ever since then, my breathing has never been clearer, and I honestly think it flushes out the germy stuff.

Delia Christina said...

i *totally* remember my mom doing this to us when we were kids. thanks for the memories, jp.

(but ow! doesn't that hurt? i mean, it can't hurt more than snorting a little bit of coke off some guy's key, but a liquid? ow?)

jp 吉平 said...

It hurts when you use normal water. Warm saltwater doesn't hurt. You are a coke head.