Monday, June 06, 2011

asshat of the day: people with penises

Weiner Says He Sent Photos and Lied, But Won't Resign - NYTimes.com

I swear to god, I don't understand men - especially men in elected office.
There are some other things I don't understand:

The massive ego that short circuits a man's Good Decision-Making Brain Center makes me wonder what other good decisions are being blocked.

The over-weening pride in one's phallus that makes a man think that all women want to gaze up on it. (Hint: we DON'T.)

The ballsy arrogance that empowers a dude to brazenly lie about something that will inevitably be discovered.

Men are either immensely stupid or ...no. Just immensely stupid.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This guy's behavior sounds like a sex addiction. Of course, that's what I thought about my ex, too (different details); he insisted it was more like an orientation. Either way, not what we want in our leaders, or our partners.

Orange said...

Sex addiction suggests pathology. I suspect this sort of behavior (plus Dominique Strauss-Kahn) is far too "normal" among men to deserve a disease label.

Friend of mine who's dated via Adult Friend Finder says it's packed with married men who don't have their wife's consent to be stepping out. Not polyamory, just straight-up deceit/cheating. Weiner probably thought he was Mr. Respectable since it was "only" online and not actual sex.

No Nonsense said...

I am still stuck on "What would make a man (especially an official) think he would not get caught?"

No "shit for brain" someone will find out and put you on blast!

And oh oh oh let's not get me started on the wives who stand on the stage with that glossed over gaze. Did you see that picture of IMF dude's wife holding his hand while the housekeeper union members were hollering "shame on you!" Also during the arraignment he was blowing kisses to his wife. This much I can say. My husband would be blowing kisses to breeze.

DeliaChristina said...

"My husband would be blowing kisses to breeze."

snort.

and, yes.

i really am sort of amazed at this guy's lack of smoothness.